Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The more things change...

...the less likely people are to notice!

I'm joking, but when people see you everyday they aren't inclined to notice change as much.

Case in point.

Yesterday I went to the salon for a haircut. Nothing major just the usual trim to keep it neat and tidy as I grow it out.

Now this is the same woman that I mentioned the other day gave me my first ever makeover. She does both. I'll never forget that day two and a half years ago when I was incredibly nervous and scared.

She put me at ease, taught me so much, and has since become one of my dearest friends. She is almost my big sister. I love the woman to pieces. She was very instrumental getting me to set foot out the door and into the real world. We've gone out together for little GNOs now and again. We just thoroughly enjoy each other company. Plus we have similar senses of humor.

But I digress.

So she was commenting on the fact that my hair is now almost two inches below my ears and really starting to take off. (HRT and Propecia will do that for you.)

But she is seeing, along with myself, quite a bit of new hair coming in. Which is wonderful. Now I wasn't losing a lot, but it was starting to thin a bit. So any recovery is a good sign.

It was during this discussion that she noted that other then the hair I had not changed much.

I looked at her really funny.

"Are you serious?"

She then challenged me on it.

I proceed to grab my drivers license and show it to her.

She was speechless.

"That doesn't even look like the same person!"

"Duh!"

"When was this taken?"

"A few months before I first met you."

"..."

"Look a little different don't I?"

"I'll say, I am stunned, I really can't believe it has been that long and how different you look. I mean I knew the hair, but your face, everything. WOW!"

She looked at both me and the photo for a minute or more and just shook her head. The fact that I see her about once a month for something obviously masked the changes as they probably were very gradual to her.

We laughed about it, she finished my haircut and we set a date for dinner and a local event in a few weeks.

I'm looking forward to it, and spending some time with one of my favorite people.

Even if she thinks I look the same. ;)

0 comments: