Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Apolitical Blues

In my journey to find information and read other accounts of transition I cover a lot of ground.

I'm a member of a few websites. I ingest news in various forms. Blogs, eArticales, podcasts, etc.

So I encounter a fair number of different types of transgendered individuals out there.

Some I like.

Some I don't.

A few of them I applauded though. There are activists out there that are willing to put themselves out into the public space and strive to create a better world for us.

I get that.

Unfortunately at this point in my life I don't feel comfortable doing that. At least publicly. I will vote and offer what support I can quietly from afar. Maybe the day comes that I can and will. Or at least not be afraid of what my past was.

But that isn't today.

The other thing that astounds me is the amount of bickering within the trans community. Some I agree with some I don't.

What I will say is the there are aspects of the trans community I don't agree with. There are issues that really are messed up. And some people need to get a clue that some of us are not going to see eye to eye with them.

I support those who stand up for their rights but at the same time lets act with some respect and dignity.

There is a line of common decency that is always going to be there at least in our society and our lifetimes. Regardless of gender. If you are going to act like a fool expect to get treated like one.

And I'll stop right there.

This blog as of right now isn't a political trans blog. It is simply about a girl trying to find her way in the world as she always wanted it and the journey that will take place.

So I am really not going to cover the political side of things for the time being. This may or may not change in the future. I may mention some neat information I find from time to time and link it. But I will leave it up to you as to how to interpret what that information is. I will simply try to keep the editorial comment out of it.

Thank you for your support.  ;)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, being apolitical is better than being apoplectic, which can easily happen when it comes to politics! :-)

Melissa XX

Debra said...

I understand what you mean, girl.

When I first started posting online, I went to great lengths to hide my identity. Nowadays my whole identity is out there for the world to see but I'm comfortable with that now.

On the other hand, being an activist is not really my thing...at least NOT in the way most people would think. I tend to want to just live my life and show everyone around me that as a trans girl, I'm still just like everybody else. The more of us that do that, the more educated people will become and the more they will understand us and our needs.