Monday, January 4, 2010

Aftershock

I first want to say thank you for the kind words that were left on my last post.

I am still reeling from the absolute suddenness of it. We simply had no warning.

Having grown up with four dogs and having been old enough to remember saying goodbye to three of them myself. It is never easy, yet in those cases old age and poor health gave you some time to prepare yourself. As much it always hurt you knew in the back of your mind it was coming.

Going from a healthy dog to saying goodbye in less then 36 hours is a shock to the system.

I lost count of the tears I have shed or the locations I have nearly fallen apart. (not good in the middle of a grocery store)

I miss her terribly she was that great of a dog. She never judged.

Where I go from here I don't know. It has been that big of an impact. I do need to take some time. I don't know when I will post again or how often. I just need to let the hurt fade and gather my thoughts clearly again.

I will be back and probably sooner rather then later, but if I am absent for a couple of weeks you know why.

I just need some time.

1 comments:

Jessica Lyn said...

Take your time sweetie.. we'll be here waiting when you get back.

(Big Hugs)