Wednesday, September 1, 2010

At Arms Length

I have mentioned in the past that there are portions of the trans community I don't necessarily get along with.

But this post isn't about that.

Nope.

It is about the online community.

Lately I have been reading a lot of different opinions that have not sat well with me.

I understand people can look at the Trans issue from a lot of different angles. It just seems to me there are far too many opinions about who should or shouldn't transition. Who is what type of Trans person, Crossdresser, etc.

I also recently read a comment about those that don't consider life after Transition.

I have.

Though it is largely unknown to me what I will do. I do hope that it will be better and I will be able to find some idea of what I want to do with myself. There is going to be a lot to learn and discover.

However I make no pretense that my life will be euphoric or ideal. I am Trans, I know this. The feeling is that life will still try to make things interesting or test me, but I should feel better able to make a good sound decision. Since I won't be so concerned about doing it a certain way. As the slogan goes I will be able to 'just do it'.

It also appears that even though the mantra of this community is that society at large feels they need to place a label on everything and put in nice neat little boxes. They in fact, it shouldn't.

I agree with this.

Though it seems this very community that feels this way tries to place people inside the community into it own neat little boxes.

I find that disconcerting.

A well known Trans speaker once make the point in a talk she was holding, is that we all get to this point in our life's via different paths. Granted some are eerily similar, there are a lot of different smaller steps that might or might not get taken in between.

I agree with this.

I refuse to not be something simply because I am transitioning later in life or that I am taking some different steps to get there. Maybe I feel certain steps should happen before others. Even though I feel they are all important. It is just that I can't do them all at once.

Not to mention all the they said, you said bickering I have seen regarding all of this.

Really, I am done with it I need a break.

I know who I am, I know what I need to do to realize some type of normal life as me with the chance for a little happiness.

I also know what I can no longer be. One way or another I will get there.

All I am really trying to say is I feel the online community has become a bit too much to bear. No I am not going to stop posting or anything like that. As things happen I will post about them and discuss.

I am just reducing the amount of online drivel I have been coming across. There are a few rather important bloggers I will follow. I will even post a few comments here and there. Still I have already removed a lot of feeds from my news reader. I will still grab info as I need and read important articles when it is pertinent to me.

In the mean time I just going to step away from the seemingly toxic environment I feel I am sensing right now.

4 comments:

Stace said...

I appriciate the point you make here. Stay in touch please, your's is one of the blogs I never fail to read...

Stace

(You know considering I have spent hours trying to figure out what to put in this comment the above feels too little... On the other hand it's what I mean...)

Jessica Lyn said...

I feel exactly the same.. I only follow a few blogs myself... which is how I came across your blog, after seeing one of your comments.

I know you're posting for yourself but please don't feel the need to explain yourself to us.. you do want you want and need to do, and if we still love you, we'll be here for you when you need us, and we'll be reading your posts when we need you.

On another note, my steps have taken me far out of the way from what I need to do to be me.. I still have not yet started hormones.. but hey, I got a nice car, house, new friends that know 'me' and a decent job, so something must be going in the right direction... lets just hope that I stay on course during transition.

@Stace, Sorry my comment was longer!

(Hugs)

Kelli Bennett said...

Lol @Stace I am not going anywhere. I will still be posting as I find things to write about. If you noticed you blog is still listed as a link on my site. So I will continue to read it.

I am just taking out a lot of the fluff that I was reading along with not visiting t-central much at all anymore.

It just had become too much.

Kelli Bennett said...

oh and awwww, I find it still very surreal that people read my ramblings.