Friday, June 11, 2010

Oddly Calm

The last time I was due to disclosure my function to my parents I dealt with a roller coaster of emotions during the week leading up to it.

It was just a boiling pot of everything.

I was so anxious by the end of the week I couldn't sleep.

I was scared, determined, yet some how ready for what was to come.

Yet I was defeated before I got the chance.

Strangely enough I am very calm this week. At least regarding my parents.

It could have something to do with all the other emotions I have had this entire week.

Convenient distraction?

Redirected focus?

I am not sure.

Still I would prefer to be a little more relaxed about this rather then what I went through last time.

It also could all be wishful thinking since it could all catch up to me on Saturday.

I won't however back out or change my mind. This has to be done and they have to know.

How that will affect me and my relationship to them I don't know.

We shall see.

3 comments:

Debra said...

Good luck girl! I hope it goes well!!! *HUGS*

<3 Jerica

Stace said...

As Jerica said - best of luck. Hope you have the experience I have had with my parents.

Stace

Jessica Lyn said...

Good luck, hun!

I'm sure everything will be fine, but just in case it doesnt go well, remember we're here for you.