Thursday, June 24, 2010

Exhale

Well it wasn't good.

But it wasn't that bad either.

I was there earlier they they were, so I got about two hours with the various family members.

However once my parents came I didn't say a word to my Dad.

Nor did he have anything to say to me.

Mom was still supportive though she got a little pushy with certain topics.

It is going to take some effort to reign her in.

Still a major scene was avoided and hopefully no one noticed.

I did however leave shortly after they got there. The tension was too great.

Where it goes from here, I don't know.

All I can do is the best that I can.

*sigh*

2 comments:

Stace said...

Pointless coming from someone else I know, but I think you just have to give your mum time. Whilst my mum took it well, and has always been supportive she was a little pushing in making her views of where I should go known early on.

It took her a month or two to adjust, and I guess that process is on going.

Stace

Anonymous said...

"All you can do is the best you can do"
That is absolutely correct.
You have and are doing all you can do and it is still early days for your parents.

x