Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tidal Wave

So out to dinner I went this evening. The locale was a new Italian place in a local upscale mall.

Now I should point out I love this mall. Saks 5th, Nordstroms, Macys, Neimen Marcus, Bebe, Guess, Cache, big name designer stores and many more. Not to mention the clientele are definitely above average. Well dressed, classy, upscale. I could definitely waste some time and money here more often if I could. Not to say I haven't.

Now the restaurant in particular was near Saks 5th. Car parked and in through Sak's we go.

Here comes the interesting part. The store is having a big Cancer awareness extravaganza (I missed which one but the place was so busy I couldn't quite catch it) However the place was packed, women everywhere and the clothes were phenomenal. From casual chic, to looking straight off the runway, to everything in between. Women of all ages, shopping getting makeovers, chatting. It was simply a massive tidal wave of Femininity, Perfume, Estrogen, Makeup, Fashion. It washed over me with such force I could barely stand it, yet at the same time I didn't want to leave. In fact I wanted to run home. Do my hair and put on a smart outfit and go soak it all in. Spend the time chatting and getting a makeover myself.

Yet at the same time I knew I couldn't I was forced to go eat, then walk back through (*sigh*) to head home.

It was 2 minutes of bliss and agony all at the same time.

Twice.

I wanted nothing more then to be a part of that club, yet through the cruelness of nature (and my own choices) I couldn't. At least not today.

Maybe someday.

But I truly hate being on the outside looking in.

0 comments: