Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Music by Kelli

Finally.

I had to fuss with the widget a bit as Grooveshark made some recent changes to their site which caused a few headaches.

Fear not, as today I present you with something different.

My list of favorite Christmas songs.

Yes they are in fact a little different. I happen to like alternative takes on old classics.

Winter WonderLand - Liz Phair (Brilliant cover!)
God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman - Barenaked Ladies w/ Sarah McLaughlin (Just really fun.)
Sleigh Ride - KT Tunstall (Who doesn't like KT? She is so underrated.)
Let it Snow - Luscious Jackson (This is how this song should be done!)
Dance of the Sugar Plus Fairies[Red Baron Remix] (Love this.)
12 Days of Christmas - Straight No Chaser (SEE THEM LIVE!!! So talented and how they do this is beyond me! Listen ever so carefully.)
Christmas Time is Here - Ivy (I simply cannot get enough of this song! Purely amazing!)

Uniquely new songs.

Mistletoe - Colbie Caillat  (Heard this for the first time last year. Loooove!)
Wizards in Winter - Trans Siberian Orchestra (I've seen them in concert amazing show!)
Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (What can I say? Tom Petty can sing just about anything and make it cool.)
Father Christmas - Save Ferris (Always been a fan and though it is very different I just like it. Call me a wee bit rebellious!!)
All My Bells Are Ringing - Lenka (New this year, so cute!!)
Christmas Wrappings - The Waitresses (The Radio sooooo does not play this enough!)
Maybe Next Year - Meiko (Can you make Christmas sound any more naughty?!)

Along with others that just remind me of the lost wonder of youth.

Snoopy's Christmas is one of my absolute favorite songs harking back to my childhood. Christmas in not complete for me until I hear it on the radio.

However it recently was replaced as my favorite Christmas song by Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Canon. They did this version with a children's choir I have never been able to find the name of. As opposed to the rock version they do. This version is just so beautiful I can listen to it any time of the year.

So with that I give you the playlist, Please Enjoy and Merry Christmas!!!

P.S. It'll be in the side bar too.

2 comments:

Stace said...

I don't know most of those tracks (but I'm going to try and get a chance to throw my headphones on today).

'Christmas Wrapping' I love. It's always one of the first I play when I dig out my Christmas tunes in december!

Stace

Kelli Bennett said...

Cool Beans!! Let me know what you think!