Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dinner with Mom

I had a three hour dinner on Tuesday night with my Mom.

It did go very well. She had a lot of questions.

It was kind of cute when she pulled out a little folded piece of paper with things she had written down.

I did my best to answer all of them. We covered a lot more detail about things we had emailed about.

Overall She was very supportive even though I could see her still trying to wrap her head around all this.

She did inform me that my Dad is not taking this well at all. However She is slowly trying to bring him around, but not to expect any miracles any time soon.

As much as my Mom can be my Mom, it is still nice to have her in my corner.

It makes my world a little brighter today.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That's great news, Kelli! I know what it is like to grow up with a mother who was hard to get along with. Your mother deserves a lot of credit, for doing her best to try and understand and support you. Who knows? This may even draw you closer to her, than you have ever been in the past. Give your dad lots of time. Eventually, when faced with the inevitability of the situation, he may come to acceptance too. I hope so!

Melissa XX

Debra said...

Awwwwwwwwwww That's so awesome!

And completely CUTE that she had a piece of paper with things written down! That's so amazing. She's really put a lot of thought into these things.

*hugs* girl!

Stace said...

Great news about your mum. Hopefully she can bring your dad around, just have to give it lots of time I guess.

Good luck,
Stace

Gina Lee said...

I agree with everyone! It is so hard to travel down this path without the knowledge and support of your mom. Families seem to revolve around the mothers. And as long as your mother loves you, you still belong to the family that you grew up with. I am so happy for you!