Thursday, April 23, 2009

Eye of the Storm

So right in the middle of everything I have been feeling the past several weeks. All the wild emotions that have been swirling like crazy around me. I found a moment of calm, the center of the storm so to speak.

I did something so simple for myself yet for the first time in a few weeks I felt wonderful. I forgot about all the mess that was in my head.

So what did I do?

I got a pedicure yesterday.

This only the second time I have gotten it done professionally. (I have done it before myself quite a few times, but lets just say that even though I have gotten better I still need a lot of practice.) They do a wonderful job and their work seems to last a lot longer then mine.

Not to mention I have this lovely deep shade of pink on them right now.

No, I am not a pink junkie, but I do love the fact that I can incorporate it into my wardrobe. I wasn't really sure what color I wanted as I glanced over the multitude of rainbow colored bottles, but for some reason that one just jumped out at me. Same as the last time, which was a really cool purple (which has always has been my absolute favorite).

It just surprises me how something that seems so small and simple can brighten my mood so much.

0 comments: