Monday, May 11, 2009

About Face

Ok, so as you know I had some IPL (Intense Pulse Light) treatments on my face to remove my facial hair.

(I say IPL since there is apparently a deference between it and actual Laser. But I am not an expert.)

Well it did remove a fair portion of my facial hair. But I had a bad reaction to it with the treatments.

I don't know if I put something on my face I shouldn't have or my skin just didn't like the treatment. Needless to say it was bad. Really bad. I had a terrible acne out break. Something I almost never had (or mild if I had any at all) as a teenager. But my goodness it was awful.

The good news is that it has gotten much better, along with clearing up.

I do see the dermatologist next week just to follow up. I also intend on asking them for any recommendations on where to get it done.

The Salon is one thing, but for this I learned the hard way that I want a professional location next time. So I have a point of contact should things go wrong again. Add in the fact that I don't think I want to use IPL again.

Really it was so bad I was very afraid I had done permanent damage to my skin. I really had to try hard not to loose it, I was so upset over it. And it wasn't that it hurt, but it looked terrible, I was afraid to go out.

The good news is there is a significant reduction on my facial hair. It isn't all gone, but then I knew it would take a few treatments. But I do see and feel that at least 50% of it is gone.

And yes I know I owe my thoughts about the Four.

0 comments: