Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My other guilty viewing pleasure

I have a few episodes to catch up on but I am hooked on The Real Housewives of Orange County.

I love the personalities, their style, poise, and even their cattiness. Granted sometimes it seems a little high school at times. It still works for me.

There are strong personalities, not some not strong.

You see some bitchiness and disagreements. I can take some of it and some of it rubs me the wrong way.

But why do I really like this show so much?

Because these women are not afraid to indulge in their femininity. Really. They dress how they want to dress. Do what they want to do. Some are even very successful business women. But they are not afraid to be a woman even in a mans' world.

I so love this. I feel it is slowly being lost in younger generations. It just seems to be that most or more women these days feel they have to hid their womanhood and femininity to be treated as equals.

I say damn the torpedoes and be yourself no matter who you are.

Really what happened to 'I am woman hear me roar!'?

It is an interesting show to say the least and I might even check out the NY edition too.

0 comments: